Ingredients 2 Tablespoons butter 1/2 Cup heavy cream 4 Ounces cream cheese 3 Tablespoons Splenda 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 1/8 Teaspoon salt Directions 1) Melt butter in a small...
2 cup flour
2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup salted butter, cold and cubed
2 cup medium cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1 cup milk
2 tbsp salted butter, melted
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and position a rack in the center. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper then set it aside.
2) In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles course crumbs. Mix in the cheese and green onion.
3) Add half of the milk at first then, after that’s mixed in, add a little bit more milk at a time making sure not to make the dough too wet and sticky since you may or may not need all the milk. The consistency should be that of a soft dough.
4) Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it 10 – 12 times until it’s smooth and not crumbly. Divide the dough in half and form each half into a rectangular log 9 inches long. With a sharp knife cut 6 squares out of each log of dough and place them evenly spaced on the prepared baking sheet making sure to leave enough room for them to double in size.
5) Bake for 10 minutes then, just before they’re done baking, mix the melted butter and garlic powder and brush it on top of each biscuit. Bake them for 1 – 2 minutes more until they’re golden brown. Serve them hot or cooled.